A Great Introduction to Dinghy Sailing
Level one “Start Sailing” course is your entry point into dinghy sailing. The course usually takes two days and provides a good introduction to sailing for all.
No prior knowledge is needed for this course, we will teach you everything you need to know.
Tuition is provided by trained instructors and students will be kept informed of their individual progress throughout the course.
The course consists briefly of
- Sailing theory and background
- Has awareness of other water users
- Has basic knowledge of rules of road – power versus sail, port versus starboard, overtaking boat, windward boat
- How to rig a dinghy
- In boat training, performing basic maneuvers.
- Wind awareness. Knowledge of spars and rigging, parts of the sail, sail controls and foils
- Has awareness of onshore and offshore winds Knows sources of weather information
- Understands basic theory (dry land capsize) and importance of staying with boat
- Can tie a figure of eight knot, round turn and two half hitches and secure a rope to a cleat